Sunday, September 25, 2011
Peer Editing in Class
I have never thought that peer editing in class has ever effectively worked for me. The way we edited our papers did nor really help me either, I mean I always read my papers out loud and if I wanted to have somebody read my paper for me then I would. It was even less effective because if you have somebody that you don't know try to critique your work than they wont know how honest to be and that wont be of much help either. Peer editing is even less effective when you have someone try to expand on pieces you wrote such as: auto-biographies, memoirs, short stories and other personal works because unless someone has known you on a personal level then they cannot help correct your memories or thoughts. The only way that I think where it could benefit me is having someone catch a grammatical mistake that I didn't see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment